Tuesday 20 December 2011

Natalie Murphy



Oh man.....now I'm getting shortness of breath and chest pains that I wasn't getting before. Is it all just tension...tension in my chest wall and intercostal muscles? I can't do this anymore - I'm scared to death - scared about death.

And what I have I got to worry about? Really?
Brave and stunning Natalie Murphy died yesterday of breast cancer that had metasticised to her liver and spine  :( 

I shuld have things put into perspective through her story - my health problems aren't going to end my life (well I don't think so) and leave behind a husband and gorgeous son.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6163075/Natalie-Murphy-passes-away











This beautiful woman decided to remain positive in the face of terminal cancer and her story and the story of her young family saddened and inspired others worldwide.

The pair had planned to renew their vows in March but earlier this month doctors told her she had between two and eight weeks to live so the date was shifted to New Years Day after almost 10 years of marriage. But 35 year old Natalie passed away yesterday after suddenly taking a turn for the worse. Her husband wrote on Facebook that she died "While surrounded by the people she loved the most, she passed peacefully from this world into the next."

Speaking to a radio station less than two weeks ago she said she was finally coming to accept her cancer battle was coming to an end.

"No matter when that last breath comes, I know it will be filled with love and happiness and that makes me one very lucky woman. I can guarantee you that if I died tonight I would die an extremely happy woman," she said.

Thousands of comments have been posted on news websites and on her Facebook page with many inspired by her courage.

One day their son Jackson will read all the amazing tributes and be so proud of his strong, brave, gorgeous, inspirational mum. She has affected so many lives for the better.

Even though I didn't know Natalie, I had been following her story.....an unimaginable ordeal.....having to prepare to miss out on your son growing up. Just. Not. Fair - bad things happening to good people.

I must do her memory justice and pull myself together - put things in perspective girl!









.

No comments:

Post a Comment