Monday 21 November 2011

Pesky hormones

I've about had enough. I struggle on and on...think I'm getting a bit better - only to fall again. I'm so tired of being sick and tired.

Had my follow up with the hospital on Friday. HUGE freak out in the waiting room - I don't do waiting rooms, queues or meetings very well at the moment. Feel the need to escape - weird sensations of choking, faintness...tunnel vision come over me.

By the time I got into the surgeon's office I was in a right state - she was lucky I had stayed around rather than taking off in the lift and getting in my car to drive home. I started to calm down. We went over the images taken during my surgery to divide the adhesions - the ones they divided were long and stringy. I was able to see the very white and dense adhesions sticking my right ovary and right fallopian tube to the right side of my uterus....these adhesions they couldn't divide.

Told her that my belly button incision had only just healed at 8 weeks and that stitches had been poking out....she just screwed up her face knowingly but it appears that this is a common experience.

I told her I'm still having the cyclical nausea and vomiting. She actually suggested I might be peri-menopausal and to continue with my keeping of a diary and plot all the symptoms in a graph. OK....I have over a years worth of data!!!!

Seems very likely all my symptoms occur for a few days every two weeks......such that I have about 10 good days a month if I'm lucky :(  :(  :(




I'm to try Vitex agnus castus and she'll see me again in 3 months with my graphs - we'll decide what to do after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment