Saturday 26 November 2011

Mental health services need a shake-up

Well....I mentioned recently that I had applied to the student emergency fund for monies to help at least until I know if I will be getting a scholarship for next year. Get this.......the stupid sad sacks have granted me a one off $40.00 food voucher.......wow.....that'll sure go a long way!!!!! That's a fuckin' insult - what's the point?! And I have to go in to the University within five days to pick the voucher up!!! It'll cost $6.00 in bus fares to get there - or goodness knows what in petrol and parking!!!! They could've come up with more if they had of had a whip-around the department. I'm pissed off - I'm feeling VERY angry and pissed off and fed up with the world. I cried and cried and cried. This week has been awful - nausea, vomiting, pain, no money and now this.

And to make matters worse - I got an appointment with my GP to discuss my thoughts that my hormones are making everything worse - the panic the PMS etc -possible perimenopause. I got scoffed at...despite having over a years worth of symptom charting (haven't presented it in graph form just yet - but I didn't really think the GP would require a PowerPoint presentation!!!!!). Argggghhhhhh.

I made her give me a form to get a series of blood tests done to check my hormone levels. I also reminded her that I asked for an accession code for online C.B.T and that I'd called reception and left messages - twice. Her excuse was that she doesn't know how to access it and that my wanting to use the online C.B.T was akin to plucking herbal remedies off the shelf in an attempt to try and fix things - hang on a minute - wasn't online C.B.T one of your ideas???!!!!!

She was also supposed to put me on the public waiting list to see a psychiatrist - seems to have forgotten that too - could be waiting six months to a year to see anyone! We certainly can't pay to go private.

I'm pissed off with the world and most people in it today - the University and their measly $40. How long can a 10kg bag of rice last? Perhaps I could buy two bottle of wine??!!! The doctors being slack arses...
Myself for being like this....The University rejecting my six month funding extension despite all my achievements and grades - do they not want to support PhD completion?

Arrghghghgghghghhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's election day here today - I hope my vote along with everyone else's makes some kind of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment