Monday 18 June 2012

Meet the teacher

I was going to wait until I had gathered 'evidence' from a third party (third parent teacher help) but no....bugger it.

After my weekly session with my psychologist I have come to realise that that is how I tend to deal with things - not value my own feeling or evidence as being enough to want to do something about. So I get angrier and angrier at the person I believe to done wrong and angrier and angrier at myself for having not been assertive enough to do anything about it. That's what happened over the weekend...I stewed and stewed, got angrier and angrier and made myself sick with stress and worry and couldn't sleep and feel more tired (if that's possible) and run down and sad...more and more crying and thinking I'm going to die or have a brain haemorrhage (and die).

It's easier to turn my feelings of anxiety about dealing a problem into physical you see - cos I feel like physical problems could be more serious (leading to death) and therefore more worthy of help (apparently - all sounds a bit Freudian to me).

Anway, I'm not waiting on hearing from the third party - I'm going to trust my feelings and am going do something about it based on what I've seen and heard.

I sent an email:


Hi ***** (teacher's name),

I would like to arrange a time this week to come and see you and catch up with how ***** (son's name) is progressing in class. Would one day straight after school suit?

Cheers,

***** (my name).



I'll keep you all posted on how it goes of course :P







No comments:

Post a Comment