Friday 21 October 2011

Mental Symptoms and thoughts associated with panic attacks

These are the thoughts I have when in the grip of a panic attack - have also been documented as common experience

  • I'm going to die
  • terror - sense of impending doom - something unimaginably terrible is about to happen
  • I'm losing control'
  • This will never end
  • I'm terrified, really scared
  • I'm going to pass out and die
  • I'm having a stroke/brain haemorrhage
  • I won't be able to get out of here - I'm going to make a scene
  • what is happening to me
  • I'm going to throw up
  • I must have a brain tumour
  • I'll choke to death
  • I'm going blind
  • I'm going to scream, babble, talk funny
  • I'm becoming paralysed
  • something is really physically wrong with me
  • I can't breathe
  • no-one understands and no-one can help
  • Nothing is real
  • Racing thoughts - loud internal dialogue

No comments:

Post a Comment