Thursday 16 February 2012

Silent Reflux (or Laryngopharangeal Reflux) and Thoracic Joint Dysfunction

Visited my GP....I was supposed to have a follow up appointment in January and return the book about controlling worry that she lent me! I've done well not to visit a GP for a couple of months!!

I've been having chest pains and I wanted to make sure (i.e. I needed reassurance) that my heart was/is coping with all the stress and upset I've been subjecting it to and that the chest pains were/are in fact musculoskeletal.

My new GP is very thorough and trust worthy :) She said my pains don't sound like heart pain and investigated the movement of my thoracic spine (that incidentally has been giving me grief for years and have had x-rays etc but last GP couldn't find anything wrong and said it was probably psychosomatic not that - that made it any less real!). Turns out the explanation is thoracic joint dysfunction and pains are being referred to my ribs, chest and arms.......I'm to try to hang upside down from time to time, you know - like Deuce Bigalow does just before he smashes the fish tank?! (Kids playground?!) and get back into swimming.

As for the bad taste in my mouth, retching, gagging and nausea - silent reflux (LPR) and am to try Gaviscon three times a day and at night for a couple of weeks and if that doesn't work - Losec.

So far I still have the awful in taste in my mouth, very dry mouth and nausea, upset bowels etc etc.

Sigh....I'm so tired

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling. Try my new Kindle ebook at http://amzn.to/11C3RDp. I hope it helps you to at least learn more about what is going on. Let me know @codium99. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete