Monday 13 February 2012

The 'meaning' or symbolism behind my symptoms

Today in C.B.T we talked about patterns that keep reoccurring in my life and about my symptoms and what they might be trying to tell me:

Feeling like might become paralysed - paralysed to move forward or have my legs move me forward in the direction I want to go. Feeling stuck.




Nausea, retching, vomiting - physically being sick so that it is OK not to have to go anywhere. Wanting to be pregnant (pseudo morning sickness).

Feelings of choking, lump in throat - feeling that I'm not able to speak up for myself or say what I really want to say.




Dizziness, giddiness, feeling like body shutting down - wanting to shut everything out, wanting to shut down....have a break.

Backache - spineless

Bilious - not having the gall, feeling liverish, bilious - things are too lurid, greenish, sickly to deal with. Exasperated.



Sour or bitter taste in mouth - something is leaving a bad taste in my mouth - something is bad. Distasteful experience. Something has left a bad impression.



Pain in the neck - pretty obvious

So....I got upset about not feeling like I was going in the direction I want to be and about having another baby. I'm left with some thinking to do - do I want to continue with my PhD? Do we/I want another baby?

There have been some improvements - I can can drive the car without DH being with me and I am able to queue up for coffee. I sat through the first part of my root canal too!!

I feel a sense of relief when my psychologist and I talked about giving up the PhD and her giving me permission to if I want to..........maybe that is the answer.......

No comments:

Post a Comment