Monday 7 May 2012

My brain has gone on a wee holiday - that is all

"Think of it this way - you've been run over by several trucks over the past six months or so. It's not reasonable to expect yourself to be able to think straight or make positive decisions...of course nothing  is going to makemuch  sense. You're hurting and your injured....it takes months (sometimes years) to recover from broken bones and other injuries".

That black curtain I see; the one that comes down and stops me from thinking and doing - might be said to represent curtains drawn on a stage....I just cannot go on at the moment; I can't perform...but that doesn't mean I will never be able to perform again.

I need to try to think of things in shades of grey not black and white.

I've had two surgeries, my hormones are a mess - there are all kinds of feelings associated with things I've been through these past months...I've been trying to tell myself that I 'should' be able to ignore feelings and push on.......but for the time being I have to recognise that my feelings are in charge - my brain will be back in charge one day soon - it's just gone on a wee holiday.

It's important that I don't feel pushed or rushed to make decisions...


                           http://www.365daysofdrawing.co.uk/2011/11/intermission.html

No comments:

Post a Comment