Friday 20 July 2012

Now I'm thinking - Heart Damage?! Or Fibromyalgia

Arrghhhhhh - now I'm having a tight chest, weakness, fatigue - all the rest of it. So I'm immediately thinking - womens' heart attack symptoms and/or my heart has been weakened and is damaged because of all the anxiety and panic. I can't win - these thought/obsessions with my body and its functioning.

But the pain in all my joints and my back has increased today - so perhaps the chest symptoms are relative to that - thoracic tension??! Sigh...I don't know. Every time I get up to something I feel exhausted and weak. I've been cleaning the house and fixing my lunch in fits and starts. Then I have to stop and rest for five minutes.

The pain - pain in the upper centre of my back, right hip - aching elbows, wrists, knees, ankles - biceps, triceps, quads, trapezius. Wow - that about corresponds to the trigger/tender points of fibromyalgia:


Or is fibromyalgia just another manifestation of depression?
Awww I need deep tissue massage and chiropractic - someone to 'crack' my back.

Some days I just can't bear this anymore - yet I go on.....

3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. I don't have the ankle/wrist problems, but the others are spot-on. Add to that Spondylolystesis (sp?), and 2 lower back surgeries, and I'm a wreck. Pain all of the time, usually bearable. Some days, I can hardly get out of bed. Steroid injections, NSAIDs, Lortab, muscle relaxers. All band-aids and increasingly ineffective. Of course, I work as a maintenance mechanic in an 11 acre building. I'm constantly climbing ladders, hauling heavy things up with a rope, and walking. Lots of walking. I hope relief is in my futire. My research continues.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you and I'm so sorry that you are in constant pain....I know what you mean - "All band-aids and increasingly ineffective"
    An 11 acre building!!! Blimey, never heard of one that size. I hope that relief is in your future too and I wish you well with your research!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no gluten, no wheat, no sugar. at all. try it. truly. i am sorry for your pain.

    ReplyDelete